Important Current Affairs Oneliner [June 08, 2019]
- June 8 – World Oceans Day (Focus for 2019: Gender and the Ocean)
- June 8 – World Brain Tumor Day
- The FCI has commissioned a new roadmap to speed up silo construction to meet its target of 100 lakh tonnes of storage space by 2022.
- The NGT has stayed the Andhra Pradesh government’s Godavari-Penna interlinking projects due to lack of environmental clearance.
- All drinking water ATMs will soon shift from coin-based service to smart card-based system
- ‘Gandhi Cycle Rally for Peace’ organized in Saudi Arabia
- S. space agency NASA said on Friday that it would open up the International Space Station to business ventures including space tourism.
- The RBI has issued a new framework for resolution of bad loans, offering a 30-day gap for stress recognition instead of the one-day default earlier.
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs & SEBI enter into a pact to tighten regulatory oversight
- In Thailand, the Parliament has elected 2014 coup leader Prayuth Chan-Ocha as Prime Minister.
- Nominations for the National Communal Harmony Awards-2019 are being invited from eligible individuals and organizations
- Indian archers bag four berths for Tokyo Paralympics
- Former Chief Election Commissioner N. Gopalaswami has been appointed as an electoral officer for the BCCI’s Annual General Meeting.
You may also read the latest recruitment at TN Agricultural university admission.