Important Events of June – 14
World Blood Donor Day
- Every year on 14 June, countries around the world celebrate World Blood Donor Day (WBDD). The event, established in 2004, serves to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products, and to thank blood donors for their voluntary, life-saving gifts of blood.
- World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year by the people in many countries around the world on 14 June. World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year on the day of birthday anniversary of Karl Landsteiner on 14 June 1868.
- World Blood Donor Day is one of eight official global public health campaigns marked by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Che Guevara Birth Day
He Was Born On June 14, 1929.
He was an Argentine Marxist revolutionary, physician, author, guerrilla leader, diplomat and military theorist. A major figure of the Cuban Revolution, his stylized visage has become a ubiquitous countercultural symbol of rebellion and global insignia in popular culture.
- Che Guevara was a prominent communist figure in the Cuban Revolution (1956–59) who went on to become a guerrilla leader in South America.
- Later, he became president of the Cuban national bank and helped to shift the country’s trade relations from the United States to the Soviet Union.
- 1960: Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the White Lion.
- 1961: Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Southern Cross.
He was Died on October 9, 1967 at the age of 39.
China Tests its First Hydrogen Bomb
On June 14, 1967 China tests its first hydrogen bomb.
The Alice In Wonderland Ride Opened in Disneyland
On June 14, 1958 The Alice in Wonderland ride opens at Disneyland.