Important Events of September – 02
World Coconut Day
- World Coconut Day is celebrated every year on September 2nd. This day is declared as World Coconut Day by the Asian and Pacific Coconut Community (APCC). The headquarters of APCC is at Jakarta, Indonesia. World Coconut Day also coincides with APCC’S foundation day.
- World Coconut Day is celebrated mainly to create awareness about the importance of coconut. This year the celebrations of World Coconut Day will take place in Vijayawada.
- Coconuts have been planting in the tropical regions for millions of years. They are flesh fruit which belongs to the drupe family.
- Indonesia, Philippines, India, Brazil, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and many others are some of the coconut producing countries in the world. In Indian culture, Nariyal or Copra is a sign of good luck and prosperity. None of the Hindu rituals can ever be complete without a coconut.
- Every auspicious work begins with the breaking of the coconut.
- India’s west coast Daman and Diu and the states of Maharashtra celebrate coconut day at the end of Monsoon season. On this day, people gather at the sea or lake and throw coconuts into the water.
Pierre de Coubertin Memorial Day
- He was born January 01, 1863 at Paris, City of Paris, Ile-de-France, France.
- Founder of the modern Olympics. He conceived of an international competition to promote athletics. Seeing a growing international interest in the ancient Olympics, fed by recent archaeological finds at Olympia, De Coubertin devised a plan to revive the Olympic Games and organized an international congress on June 23, 1894, at the Sorbonne in Paris proposing to reinstate the ancient Olympic Games.
- These Games proved a success, and De Coubertin eventually took over the IOC presidency until shortly after the 1924 Olympics in Paris. He remained Honorary President of the IOC until his death in 1937.
- On September 2, 1937 (aged 74), he died at Geneve in Switzerland.
Thanks for visiting Naukriname. if you want to ask any question comment in Below.