The tribe is the culture of Chhattisgarh. 30.6 % of the population of the state is related to tribes. Following are the main tribes of Chhattisgarh:-
Gond Tribes of Chhattisgarh
- From the population point of view, the Gond tribe is the largest tribal population.
- They are the residents of the southern hills of Chhattisgarh state.
- Agriculture is their main occupation. They are more interested in Labour as well as hunting.
- They speak Gondi and Dorli languages under the Drawadian language of Indo-Aryan family
- ‘Doodh Dev’ is the main type of marriage among these people.
- They have a tradition of bride price they believe in widow remarriage as well as polygyny.
- Kabirdham district of Chhattisgarh has been the estate of the Gond tribe.
- Gond tribe is famous in the entire world for specific Ghotul tradition.
- Madai Mela and Meghnath festival are the specific cultural festivals of the Gond tribe.
Korba Tribs of Chhattisgarh
- Korba living in the hilly tract are known as ‘hilly Korbas’ and those living in plain areas are known as ‘Diharia Korba’
- The hilly Korbas are conservative and are fond of isolation.
- They barter the land and do agriculture.
- Korba tribes are fond of liquor.
- They marry only after playing the girl price.
- Karma is their main festival.
- Korbas have their own panchayats called Maiyari.
- Korbas worship Snake, Sun, and Chandi.
Mariya Tribes of Chhattisgarh
- Mariya has their origin from the proto-Austroloid raciak tribe.
- Mariyas living in hilly tracts are isolated from world culture.
- Those Mariyas living in the Abujhmar range are known as Abujhmaria.
- A group of Mariyas is known as Gaur Mariyas, as they wear a cap being made of wild buffalo horns.
- They practice Jhuming cultivation, This shifting cultivation is also known as Digha, Pendra, and Dahi.
- Land Mata is their main Goddess.
- They cultivate coarse cereals and their main characteristics are to barter the land.
- Ghotul tradition is its fundamental characteristics.
- Singing, Dancing, and alcohol drinking are characteristics.
Garaba or Garba Tribes of Chhattisgarh
- This tribe belongs to the Mundari or Kolerian racial group.
- Agriculture and Pottery are their sources of livelihood.
- Bhuri Devi and Thankurani Mata are their main Goddesses.
Other main tribes of Chhattisgarh
|1||Gond||Pardhan, Agaria, Ojha, Nagarchi, Solhs.||Kanker, Bastar, Dantewara|
|2||Baiga||Binjhwar, Narmia, Bharotia, Nahar, Rai-mains,Kadh Maina||Bilaspur, Rajnandgaon|
|3||Korba||Pahari , Korba, Diharia||Sarguja, Raigarh, Jashpoor, Kotia, Bilaspur, Janjgir|
|5||Halwa||Hanwee, Bastaria, Chhattisgaria||Raipur, Durg, Rajnandgaon, Kanker, Dantewara|
|6||Bhatara||Sambhatara, Amnet, Pit||Bastar, Raipur|
|7||Kanwar||Kankar, Tanwar. Kamalbanshi, Doodh Kawar, Paikkara||Hilly tract of Chhattisgarh,|
Bilaspur, Korea, Raigarh, Jashpoor, Sarguja, Raipur, Janjgir, Durg,Rajnandgoan, Kabirdham
|8||Kamar||–||Bilaspur, Janjgir, Durg, Raigarh,|
Jashpoor, Korea, Sarguja.
|11||Bhaina||Bilaspur, Raigarh, Jashpoor, Raipur, Bastar|
|12||Bharia||Bhumia, Bhuihar and Pando||Bilaspur|
|13||Binjhwar||Sonjhar. Birjhia and Binchhia||Raipur, Bilaspur|
|18||Bhunjia||Chhinda Bhunjia, Chaukhatia Bhunjia||Raipur|
|19||Paradhi||Bastar, Raigarh, Sarguja. Bilaspur, Raipur|
|20||Kharia||Doodh, Kharia, Delki, Kharia||Bilaspur, Raigarh, Sarguja|
|21||Garawa or Garwa||Basiar, Raigarh, Bilaspur|
Here all the detail provided you related Main Tribs of Chhattisgarh. we hope that this article helps you if you have any query comment below or stay tuned to our website naukriname.com.